A whipped-cream base flavored with chocolate and a hint of orange… There is rarely any left over! This began life as a cream filling for a pastry my mother made, but I preferred making just the filling and serving it by itself!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Slowly melt chocolate chips and orange juice together. A double-boiler is preferred if you have one, but a sauce pan will work. Just use very low heat to avoid damaging the chocolate. Stir often.
- Let cool for 10 minutes
- Whip the cream and powdered sugar together well, until peaks form. A hand-mixer is good for this, since the big bowl mixers can leave unmixed ingredients at the sides of the bowl.
- Once the chocolate is fully melted and the cream is whipped, mix them in a large bowl and stir with a spoon until thoroughly combined
- Chill well, and enjoy!